should i upgrade to windows 10 64bit and 4gb ram from 2gb ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorv_jain11

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014
hello everyone,

My name is Apoorv Jain, and i'm from India. I bought an indegenous brand windows tablet named Croma CRXT1177. It's a 10.1 inch windows tablet. I basically bought it for business accounting.
It came with windows 8.1 32 bit pre-installed. Today, i upgraded it to windows 10 home activated digitally.
It's configuration is:
10.1 inch display
intel atom 3735d bay trail t processor
2gb ram
intel hd graphics
32gb rom

In the my computer properties, it shows 32 bit operating system, x64 based processor.

So, i wanted to know that how to upgrade from 32 bit os to 64bit os?
Tablet has 2gb ram, will it be enough for 64 bit os?
If not enough, so can i upgrade the ram to 4gb? (considering the processor)?

please help. please. thanks.

Solution
You can not upgrade the tablet's RAM as it is soldered right to the PCB. To upgrade (well not really upgrade but to install it) to 64 bits you would need a 64 bit version of windows on a USB stick or micro SD card (depending on what your tablet supports) and then find out how to install it on you tablet (you would need to access the boot settings to force it to boot from the USB stick or micro SD card which I am not sure if you can). You would loose all your stuff on it if you don't back it up. It is probably not worth switching unless you need 64bit windows to run certain applications. As far the ram only being 2GB is another reason not to upgrade to 64bit.

yoji

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
You cant "upgrade" from 32bit to 64 bit OS.. it would need a complete reinstall of windows.

I THINK you may be OK to go to 64 bit fro licensing perspective.. if I recall - MS allow this as part of the "free upgrade to win 10" promotion, but it will need a complete reinstall of the OS. Not sure if the MS Win 10 installer can manage that.. but you will need to make sure you have backups of your data and software keys etc to reinstall apps afterwards.

May be someone else can fill in the blanks of my reply.

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
You can not upgrade the tablet's RAM as it is soldered right to the PCB. To upgrade (well not really upgrade but to install it) to 64 bits you would need a 64 bit version of windows on a USB stick or micro SD card (depending on what your tablet supports) and then find out how to install it on you tablet (you would need to access the boot settings to force it to boot from the USB stick or micro SD card which I am not sure if you can). You would loose all your stuff on it if you don't back it up. It is probably not worth switching unless you need 64bit windows to run certain applications. As far the ram only being 2GB is another reason not to upgrade to 64bit.

Solution

Arron Elms

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015
if their is expansion or access for you to get to the ram chips then yeah you can probably upgrade the ram...if not ...then not......yeah go to Microsoft website an install an download 64bit windows os for you tablet....not that it will make much difference if you cant change or upgrade the ram!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS