Shutting down on Games

Hash1991

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
Here is my situation.

My laptop is running on AC only, becoz i dont want to shorten my battery life while playing games. But at some rare points, my laptop is shutting down when im starting to play.

Eg. In L4D2 ( i set it to medium setting) the game will start ( MENU) , but exactly when in the game (PLAYING) , its randomly shutdown.

Laptop is a Samsung NP300 series
i5 @ 2.5ghz, 6 Gb of ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000 / Nvidia GeForce GT520mx.

I think its not Overheating because it also happen when i just turn on my laptop and run the game. and the laptop is not shutting down when there is a battery.

is my charger is faulty ?

I also notice that the Yellow lights indicator (LED) is turning off also when the laptop shutdown and turn on again after a few secs ( Still on AC).

EDIT: TAGS

G

Sounds like some sort of crashing bug. Are all of your drivers up to date? Also, make sure in the Nvidia control panel that you're not using the integrated graphics.

G

That's a strange problem, I've never heard of that happening before quite like you described. When you use it, check the temperatures of the power brick on your charger, and feel if it heats up quickly.

Hash1991

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
yeah, really strange. its heating up when in long run. but still happening even if just a few minutes ON.

Edit: I check my Event Viewer. There is Two Event that i think is with this problem

First event is Level: Error
it say "The previous system shutdown at 2:40:09 PM on ‎2/‎28/‎2014 was unexpected."
Event Log
Event ID is 6008
Task category : None

Next event is Level : Critical
it say "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
Kernel Power
Event ID: 43
Task category (63)

I think, im getting a power lost ? and only happens while playing games.