Simple video editing softwarex

Eran Mayshar

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
I've got a few vacation videos that I'd like to turn into one long video. The issue is they come in both *.AVI and *.MP4 formats. What simple software out there will enable me to take both these formats, and stick the videos to each other? Obviously I'll have to convert them into the same format. The main issue is the merging of the videos together.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Videographer

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014
The soloution is to find the correct codec for virtual dub or find software that natively supports your file formats. That is my favourite free software, but for work I use Adobe CC (which is expensive) I would pop over to the virtual dub forums and ask them to help you, they are a friendly bunch. Failing that hope somebody else knows of a good piece of video stitching software that can use both formats and is easy to use

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Why not just use windows movie maker? As far as I know it'll handle .avi and .mp4, and will allow you to easily combine clips into one clip

Search your PC for "movie maker", but you may have to download microsoft essentials to install it (it used to come pre-installed on win XP), but it's a quick download/installation