Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hey I am trying to make a new Skype account and every time I try to register it ask me for a Hotmail email and signs me in with that. I want to be able to log in with a Skype account and not my email.

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Get back in time (before MS bought Skype), register an account, fast-forward till today, and use THAT account.
Skype belongs to MS - they can do whatever they want with it, including imposing rules of how you log-on.

Edit: Just checked Skype "Join-us" page. "Skype name" is still there, which means you should be able to register (you need to provide e-mail anyway) and use your newly-registered handle.
Get back in time (before MS bought Skype), register an account, fast-forward till today, and use THAT account.
Skype belongs to MS - they can do whatever they want with it, including imposing rules of how you log-on.

Edit: Just checked Skype "Join-us" page. "Skype name" is still there, which means you should be able to register (you need to provide e-mail anyway) and use your newly-registered handle.

Solution

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

Yeah I just found a old skype log in bookmark and used that. Could someone please close this thread?