danutz13bv

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
Hello there, I tried to search this question on this forum/google but couldn´t find the answer so I actually made an account to ask it.
So I have a Samsung Smart TV and I play videos from an USB stick plugged in it. The problem is, when I play files with high bitrate audio the TV sometimes stutters during scenes with a lot of action. I assume the TV's processor isn't powerfull enough to process the audio+video because when I play DD5.1 audio(604kbps bitrate) it haves no problem but when I try DTS audio (1500kbps bitrate) it stutters. My question is, if I buy a home cinema system and connect it to the TV with a HDMI cable will it solve my problem? Does the home cinema system proccess the sound or the TV still has to process it and send it to the system so it won't solve the stuttering problem?
Thank you and send me a link if a thread like this already exist.

Solution
If you get a HTS and connect it to the TV with HDMI ARC or optical it will be processing the audio not the TV.
I would also suggest trying a different USB stick. Maybe it can't transfer data fast enough for DTS audio
Might be the TV USB is the bottleneck. A WD TV media or Android box that will act a a front end for the USB stick) might help.
If you get a HTS and connect it to the TV with HDMI ARC or optical it will be processing the audio not the TV.
I would also suggest trying a different USB stick. Maybe it can't transfer data fast enough for DTS audio
Might be the TV USB is the bottleneck. A WD TV media or Android box that will act a a front end for the USB stick) might help.

Solution

danutz13bv

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015

I excluded the USB stick because it has about 4mb/s writing/reading speed. That's 32mbps while the average bitrate of the file I'm playing (sound + DTS audio) is 13,5mbps. I suppose the max bitrate (when action scenes with special video and sound effects are playing) couldn't be more than about 20mbps. A sound system should solve it as you said. Thanks for the answer!