Software that measures ohms output from Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterjsn90

Estimable
Aug 8, 2015
I am trying to find software that measures the current output of my sound card in ohms. I am not all that savvy when it comes to audio, so I am not exactly sure how to ask this.

My sound card (creative sound blaster Z) has a 600 ohm headphone amp, and my headset (Sennheiser PC250SE) is rated for 150 ohms. In short, I wanna crank the volume up... but I don't wanna blow my headset.

Solution
What you are actually trying to measure? How powerful your sound card is?

In order to measure something, there must be sensors for that "thing". Ohms (resistance) are measured by running a small amount of electrical current thru them, and measuring the voltage drop across them. Not a task for a sound card.

And if you don't want to blow up your headset, just don't crank up the volume, that's it.
What you are actually trying to measure? How powerful your sound card is?

In order to measure something, there must be sensors for that "thing". Ohms (resistance) are measured by running a small amount of electrical current thru them, and measuring the voltage drop across them. Not a task for a sound card.

And if you don't want to blow up your headset, just don't crank up the volume, that's it.

Solution

hunterjsn90

Estimable
Aug 8, 2015
I am trying to measure current output of a sound-card while playing sound with actual numbers. I know that the headset has a resistance of 150 ohms I want to know what settings matches or is close to the rated impedance (how far does the slider go to match 150). Is there any software that does this?

To put it in perspective I am looking for software similar to Hardware Monitor or GPU Z; something that gives me information about my sound-card other than the drivers or device manager.

Hardware Monitor uses built-in dedicated sensors to measure voltages and RPMs. There is nothing built-in which measures the "output" (voltage / current) of a sound card. Audio amplifiers (and amplifiers in general) are designed for specific load for optimal performance.

As I said before - if you are not outrageous with the volume control, you will not damage your headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.