Solder power cord to HP mini stream?

Cxserver

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I have this hp stream mini 200-009 i would like to solder on the cord to since the power jack is damaged. I have tried once and it would not turn on. Here are some pics.

]http://[/url]

Hi, yes you can solder the wires from the adapter directly to the motherboard. But it will be easier to just change the jack itself. What are the model numbers of your HP?

Can you give me a picture like the third one on the opposite side, the side with the DC+IN written. You remove the rest of the DC jack, that is good for connecting the wires. Measure the voltage from the adapter not soldered to the motherboard, you put the multimeter on a scale of 20 volts DC, if you don't have this scale put to an higher scale. Measure the voltage for the adapter connected to an outlet (110V), you put the red probe to the center wire and the black to the other wire, you should read around +19.5 volts DC. (Sorry if this to much informations, I don't know your skill level).

Cxserver

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
If i wire it the other way, would it fry it or anything? I have the positive to where there was a + but what if that is wrong? What would happen if i solder it the other way? Seems i got ripped off on kijiji and this is fried anyways. Nothing to lose at this point.