Soldering a Headphone's cables directly to front panel audio coonector

hunkrekker

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
I have a broken headphone and quite a few frontpanel audio connectors.
Is it possible and if it is which cables should I connect to which?
I have a Philips shp 2000.(I'm 15 and don't have enough money to buy a newone)

Solution
So repair the jack. You can often find the replacement parts on sites like ebay. I'd not do a direct hardwire since that'll break the connection permanently, so if and when those headphones finally do fully break, you'll need to redo the entire thing again.

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
I wouldnt suggest that at all. If you already dont know what you are doing, it isnt feasible for someone to teach you. If you mess up your motherboard youll be out even more cash. Buy a cheap pair of headphones. I bought a $5 pair a few years ago with a mic that lasted me a year.

hunkrekker

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

I have a bit of an experience I'm currently ruuning a 4+4 cpu convetrter that I made

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
What is broken on the headphones? The plug? It would be safer to just try to fix the headphones and not solder wires into a connector on your mobo. The front panel connector is usually like an 8pin, I have no idea how to wire some headphones into an 8pin front panel audio connector.

hunkrekker

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

to a cable that connect's to the mobo....It has contact issues at the jack

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
So repair the jack. You can often find the replacement parts on sites like ebay. I'd not do a direct hardwire since that'll break the connection permanently, so if and when those headphones finally do fully break, you'll need to redo the entire thing again.

Solution

hunkrekker

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

I don't want to spend money on it becouse I have headphones but that one's much better

hunkrekker

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

I don't want to spend money on it becouse I have headphones but that one's much better