(*((SOLVED))*) Are there any low-ish cpu usage Anti Virus software's out there?

Deniedstingray

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
So i have been trying to make my pc as fast as possible lately and i've noticed windows defender taking up about 20% of my cpu resources. I thought this was insane so i switched to Avast and it used pretty much the same amount.

Are there any other options that wont hog so much resources?

Solution

First of all, thanks for the kind words and mentions, we appreciate it.

Deniedstingray, I'm concerned about the CPU usage; it's important to us that Avast and AVG are lean and fast and we're highly rated for performance too.

Can you tell me more about what you specifically disabled that resolved the problem? Which shields did you have enabled when you saw the issue, and which ones did you disable that resolved it? What version of Windows? (build # is helpful too)

Also, have you tried running an Online Repair of Avast? If you've uninstalled/reinstalled this may be helpful. (Control Panel...

Deniedstingray

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Sorry i just realized there are like 5 monitoring options that were on by default and putting usage up near 30% CPU Usage. I turned them off and now its barely using any CPU resources.

My bad, Close the post if you want to.

EDIT: Nvm i went back into gta and usage shot up to 30% again. What can i turn off to help stop this?

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017

First of all, thanks for the kind words and mentions, we appreciate it.

Deniedstingray, I'm concerned about the CPU usage; it's important to us that Avast and AVG are lean and fast and we're highly rated for performance too.

Can you tell me more about what you specifically disabled that resolved the problem? Which shields did you have enabled when you saw the issue, and which ones did you disable that resolved it? What version of Windows? (build # is helpful too)

Also, have you tried running an Online Repair of Avast? If you've uninstalled/reinstalled this may be helpful. (Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Highlight Avast -> Click Change -> Online Repair)

In any case, I want to ensure this gets reported to our devs, so let me know when you get a chance!

Solution

Deniedstingray

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Sent a pm. Thanks for replying!

SumTingW0ng

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

Indeed but two problems.

-- Webroot --

1) No one understand what each settings do and even the staff sometimes fail to explain it more details.

-- Panda --

1) Some AV detect Panda toolbar extension as malware.