Solved! Some of my laptop keys are not working.

Tony_Fizzy

Prominent
May 2, 2017
Hey guys, I have Toshiba Satellite laptop. It's pretty old, but I got it for only half years. It worked without issues all that time, but last 2 days. Yesterday keys (1,2,e,t,u,i,o,-) stopped working, but their condition kept changing like every minute (Working/Not working..) Today I turned it on, and none of the keys I mentioned are working.
I'd like to get solutions. By the way, I don't think that all 8 buttons could stuck or something at the same time.

Solution
AKK You are so right! LOL Been sleep walking all day. Now I have to wonder if I posted the keyboard one in a monitor one. Yikes.

Correction.....

Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Should none of that help, you may want to try updating the Synaptics driver.
IGNORE THIS ONE AND SEE MY ANSWER BELOW. LOL

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Which has nothing to do with bad keys. I think you replied to the wrong thread. :D

AKK You are so right! LOL Been sleep walking all day. Now I have to wonder if I posted the keyboard one in a monitor one. Yikes.

Correction.....

Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Should none of that help, you may want to try updating the Synaptics driver.

Solution

Tony_Fizzy

Prominent
May 2, 2017

I tried uninstalling HID Keyboard Device and Standart PS/2 Keyboard. It asked me to restart computer, then it got reinstalled. Didn't helped. Btw, other keys are working without problems, for example "R" which is between "E" and "T" that doesn't work.
I d0n't have external Keyboard s0 can't test it.
If you can, tell me m0re ab0ut Synaptic drivers, what they're responsible f0r, and if they really can be the pr0blem.
Used 0 instead of o because this 0n-screen Keyboard is killing me :D