Sony 55" XBR-X700D Picture Quality Concerns

Jaakevon

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Hello all. Ok so I wanted run something by everyone on here to see what kind of help/understanding I can gain from it.

I had recently purchased a Sony 4K TV (model in the title) and I am feeling pretty let down on the picture quality. I am not sure if my setup and settings are to blame or if it is my expectations in 4K. All I am doing is comparing it other 1080 LEDs in my home and I am so far not impressed.

Previous to buying this Sony 4K TV I had a LG 55" 4K with similar picture quality issues. My intentions in purchasing the Sony where to upgrade to HDR and to gain an additional HDMI port. The current set up on the Sony is this: Xfinity X1 to HDMI 2 port, Samsung 4K HDR UHD Blu-Ray to HDMI 1 port (supporting 4k at 60fps), LG 5.1 Soundar to HDMI 3 w/ ARC port and a PS4 to HDMI 4 port. All are connected w/ high seed HDMI cables.

The issues are:
- The picture quality coming from the Xfinity X1 seems pixilated/fuzzy-ish lacking clarity and that crispness you would expect from even a 1080p.
- Not noticing a big change in colors from HDR w/ Samsung blu-ray to TV both supporting it.

Xfinity video set to output at 1080p 60fps and TV picture set in standard mode. I fiddled with modes and sliders but no noticeable difference from that pixilated look. Also I sit roughly 8-10' from the screen.

I've done my research and feel I have a decent understanding of all of this modern tech but even with all of that something still seems to be wrong here.

Solution
It sounds like you know what you're doing and it does seem quite perplexing. I may repeat some things you've already tried, but here goes... I'd make sure my TV settings were set up as well as each of the devices connected to it. I'd make sure that i was using a 4k bluray, not a regular dvd/blu ray... additionally, content from your cable also needs to be 4k content, of which i think there is only a limited amount? Think i read an article on a website talking about the limited amount right now.... Additionally, i might suggest reading reviews on that particular model TV to see if other people encountered similar issues... Good luck :)

Samaratin

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
It sounds like you know what you're doing and it does seem quite perplexing. I may repeat some things you've already tried, but here goes... I'd make sure my TV settings were set up as well as each of the devices connected to it. I'd make sure that i was using a 4k bluray, not a regular dvd/blu ray... additionally, content from your cable also needs to be 4k content, of which i think there is only a limited amount? Think i read an article on a website talking about the limited amount right now.... Additionally, i might suggest reading reviews on that particular model TV to see if other people encountered similar issues... Good luck :)

Solution