Sony Blu Ray not connecting to Netflix or Amazon

Stacey1205

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Please help. My Sony Blu Ray is not connecting to Netflix or Amazon. Worked fine for the past year until tonight and checked my Wi-Fi /cable connections and all ok. :(

ChrisMCDec

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

I have the exact same problem with 4 different Sony Blu-Ray players on 4 different tvs that started tonight. Everything was fine this morning and all connections were fine. HELP!

ShivaGenesis

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I have sony bravia 70 3d tv and ONLY my amazon instant video and netflix are giving "service cannot be accessed at this time".

Crazy - why do all sony devices die when the central sony network has an outage? Why do amazon instant video and netflix depend on some secret network handshake before starting on a sony device? youtube app , tmz , lots of others working just fine. This happened last month too but the outage was only a few hours. This time it is much longer. Thankfully I have a ROKU box I hooked up to the sony tv and I can watch my amazon and netflix through that until sony is finished with its outage.

ShivaGenesis

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Looks like sony network is limping back online.

my amazon instant video works now but still no netflix. ...flips back to ROKU input...

nope its out again on sony - works fine on the ROKU.