Sony Home theatre multi channel problem

Aug 27, 2018
Hi guys, so i have a sony hbd - dz810 5.1 home theatre system. Before, i used to listen to audio on multi channel stereo mode (2.1 stereo but on all speakers) and my connection was through component cables. recently i bought a smart tv that has no component out ports and no 3.5mm audio jack ports so i can't connect via component anymore so i have it connected over HDMI (ARC) but now when i enable multi channel stereo mode it only plays on the front 2 speakers... (front left and front right) just like 2.1 mode. the test is fine on all speakers and pro logic etc works fine. what do i do?

Solution
Try changing the audio output to PCM in the TV menu.
Plan B is to connect an HDMI-ARC audio extractor to the TV HDMI-ARC input. That will provide you with both an analog stereo and toslink digital output. You connect both to the HTS. Use the analog for when you want multi-channel stereo and the optical when you want digital surround sound.
Try changing the audio output to PCM in the TV menu.
Plan B is to connect an HDMI-ARC audio extractor to the TV HDMI-ARC input. That will provide you with both an analog stereo and toslink digital output. You connect both to the HTS. Use the analog for when you want multi-channel stereo and the optical when you want digital surround sound.

Solution