SONY HXR-MC2000E crazy problem!

Neloangelo123

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hello guys

I have bought a HXR-MC2000E 3 months ago for wedding/etc professional shooting.
I started using it immediately, and have recorded around 10 weddings till now so last week i started to import them in Premiere pro CS6 for editing.

(please note that i do the recording directly on the internal memory and then moving it to my computers hard drive)

What i noticed is that on long takes of 10+ minutes (normally during the wedding dancing time) when the camera is on the tripod, in Premiere sequence i find those video clips losing sound and frame for 1 second every 10-15 minutes!!!
Like it has been cut automatically by the camera during shooting, but it disables sound for 1 second and losing 1-3 frames.

I have tried to find some answers everywhere in the web with no luck.

Could that be because the product is defected in some way?
Could it be because of a buffer issue?
Could it be a setting that i miss to see?

Please help me out here i am going insane!

Thanks

So, it records in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVCHD). When you import (copy) the files from the camera to the computer are you copying the entire folder structure or just the individual clips? I had a similar problem using an external recorder for an older HDR-HC1 and had to import all of the clips together and bring them into Premiere Pro CS6. AVCHD can be a little tricky if not imported properly. What settings are you using to import the files?