Sony Movie Studio Platinum crashes when building peaks

will_p

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Hi guys,
The problem is said in the title- I import my game footage and it stops building peaks at 2%, and then crahses.

I've tried cancelling the building peaks process but that crashes it too.

Would love if you guys have a solution.

Solution
No error messages or codes?

More information is needed.

Does the problem occur when all other applications, etc. are shut down? Could be some software conflict.

Could be some bug in the Sony application. Check their website forum and FAQs. - Make sure your version is up-to-date. Or if the problem started after an update - roll it back.

Try using Task Manager, Performance Monitor, and Resource Manager to see what services and processes are running and how much CPU, memory, and disk resources are being used. And what is using them.

Open Event Viewer and look in the Event logs. Crashes will most likely be identifiable with a red icon. Right click the log entry for more details.

That may take some effort but once you learn your...
No error messages or codes?

More information is needed.

Does the problem occur when all other applications, etc. are shut down? Could be some software conflict.

Could be some bug in the Sony application. Check their website forum and FAQs. - Make sure your version is up-to-date. Or if the problem started after an update - roll it back.

Try using Task Manager, Performance Monitor, and Resource Manager to see what services and processes are running and how much CPU, memory, and disk resources are being used. And what is using them.

Open Event Viewer and look in the Event logs. Crashes will most likely be identifiable with a red icon. Right click the log entry for more details.

That may take some effort but once you learn your way around Event Viewer you will quickly be able to narrow down the logs to search.

Solution