Sony "Super Phone" Spotted with 13MP Camera, LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I don't know about using Intel's Atom on there super-phone, even if the platform manages to perform on par with all the new ARM options, there still might be lots of software compatibility issues.

If they are making a super phone, having the risk of broken software compatibility across the market place just to say they where first looks like a bad idea.

I know that the next rendition of Android will support X86, however I have no idea if that compatibility will extend to third party developers.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I wish companies would concentrate on the *quality* of their cameras instead of just throwing megapixels about for the dumb idiots that think that higher numbers ALWAYS make images better.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Roffle[/nom]@Khimera2000 The new "Atom" uses ARM micro-architecture.[/citation]

your going to have to cite your source, most of the articles I found go contrary to your comment.

Just did a search for Intel using ARM instruction set, dosent matter what they borrow from the ARM world, its still looks like the core of Intels new SOC is based on x86, the last article I found mentioning something close was Google releasing a version of Ice Cream Sanddwich that works with x86, the rest of the news was about how Intel will not use its ARM licence, so unless something has changes in the last 22 days I am much more inclined to beleave that news.

I still stand by what I beleave, if Sony is building a super phone, it needs softwear, the PS market place is to small in scope, and moving to intel will potentialy brake compatability since the SOC would be x86 on Sony's new toy, while the rest of the android comunity is ARM based.

whats the use of having something bleeding edge when any other android phone of the street can do so much more? Ya hardware looks nice, but what you going to run on it? no one buys a phone like that just to make phone calls.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Khimera2000[/nom]I don't know about using Intel's Atom on there super-phone, even if the platform manages to perform on par with all the new ARM options, there still might be lots of software compatibility issues.If they are making a super phone, having the risk of broken software compatibility across the market place just to say they where first looks like a bad idea. I know that the next rendition of Android will support X86, however I have no idea if that compatibility will extend to third party developers.[/citation]
who cares about third party software, most of the developers make crap software anyway, this should keep the useless software to a minimum, i hope.....all i am saying is that there is way to much junk out there

G

Aren't all android apps java based? As in, they ran in a VM, use the dalvik JIT ant so on? So it should be cpu instruction set agnostic

sissysue

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
At those resolutions you would fill the memory up very fast and there is no monitor that can show that high of a resolution in native format. I say overkill.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Another Multi-Megapixel entry.
Anyone missed physics class again ? Tiny phone...tiny optics.... there is only so much you can do and all the Gigapixels in the world are not going to change that :-(

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Another Multi-Megapixel entry.Anyone missed physics class again ? Tiny phone...tiny optics.... there is only so much you can do and all the Gigapixels in the world are not going to change that :-([/citation]

Yeah, technology never goes forwards. Ever.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]sissysue[/nom]At those resolutions you would fill the memory up very fast and there is no monitor that can show that high of a resolution in native format. I say overkill.[/citation]
maybe you should say...damn i can't afford it....now let me say something stupid about the product....if there is a way there is a need

emesis

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]Yeah, technology never goes forwards. Ever.[/citation]

Technology does not repeal the laws of physics.

To take a good picture, you need light. To get light, you need a big lens. Stick a big lens on a phone and it won't fit in your pocket anymore.

Use a small lens and you limit how much light you capture. Less light = lower picture quality.

The lens is the weak link. More megapixels won't change that. It's like upgrading from a Core-i3 to a Core-i7 in a computer with a 3Dfx video card - the weakest link that was holding you back is still the weakest link, so it's kind of a pointless upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.