Sony Vaio Boot

XMMOTOR

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
I changed one of the RAM chips and ignored the warning that to restore the PC the original RAM must be replaced. It also said that if you press enter it will boot, so I took that option.
However it wont I just get the vaio repeating in between the old DOS type short single line on the top left moving down an inch and then the vaio sign repeating. I did put the old memory back but exactly the same occurs?

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help. Also, does the new RAM has the exact specs with the old one?
- Put the original RAM in your PC first next is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it up and see if it will get pass the VAIO screen.
- If it does boot up normally turn it off then place the new RAM again but if it doesn't boot up take the HDD off the PC and boot it up and see if it will get pass the VAIO screen.
- When the laptop loads pass the VAIO screen without the HDD that means it's the HDD that has the problem not the RAM.
- Also try to reset BIOS to default, load BIOS and press F9 and that should set it to default.