Sony Vaio Pro 13 only working when on charge! What do I do? Pls Help

sonasona

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015
I have a Sony Vaio Pro 13, which is 2 years old....but for the past few days only works when its on charge...what do i do? any suggestions?

Hi,

Does it show that it's charging or do you just see a red X on the battery icon on the bottom right hand corner? Try to reseat the battery, take it off power the laptop on with just the AC adapter then put it back in once the laptop is on and see if it will charge. The fact that it's only working when the AC adapter is connected can also mean that it's the battery that is faulty and replacing it the your best option.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 39
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Laptop doesn't recognize AC Charger after Windows update
Question Dell XPS 9530 won't charge but works fine on battery, motherboard issue?
Why does my computer run slowly when plugged in with charger and works normally on battery?
Solved! Acer spin not charging while working only when switched off
Solved! My Acer r3 is not working Even though I kept charging then also it does not power on and it is not showing any thing on the s
Solved! My Asus notebook don't want to go on it's fully charge press the on button by the side still don't wanne work
Solved! New laptop battery wont work and charge
Solved! My HP Spectre, battery is dead and it won’t charge. I tried a universal charger and that didn’t work either. Battery is
My Acer Aspire E 15 E5-573-31G2 is not working in battery power..my laptop turns on only when i charge it.whenever it is disco
Laptop charging stopped working, but charger is ok
Hp probook 657b stopped charging.,, is working again 3 months later??
I replaced charging port of my Compaq laptop no my keyboard is not working properly
Hi. I plugged my asus laptop, the charger is working but the laptop ain't charging.
My laptop battery is dead, and only way to work laptop is to charge all the time, but lately it starts to say, critical batter
is it okay to continuously charge my laptop even after 100% charging while i'm working over any designing softwares ??
My laptop is working but won't charge anymore. Is there a possibility that the mainboard has defect?
My toshiba c600 laptop dosent turn on. When pulg my charger at that time charging bulb also dosent work but charger is workin
Laptop starts working on full perfromance only being full charged (100%)
My dell laptop is not charging, my charger is working but when i connect with laptop its indicator light is off
I have a laptop Acer e5 it suddenly stopped getting charged and it isnt working now what may be the problem can you assist me

ASK THE COMMUNITY