Sony Vaio won't start after fan replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt05d

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015
Hi all,

Recently replaced the fan in my Sony Vaio PCG-71211M as the old one was getting so noisy due to having loose bearings I think. In diagnosing the problems I took apart and put back together the laptop with very little problem however when i tried to start it up after fitting the new fan I got nothing. No fan noise, no lights, nothing. The green light on the power button comes on for a second and then just flashes periodically.

I have tried a hard reset to no avail, Could anyone think of anything which I may have overlooked, perhaps a switch or fitting inside which I knocked, I know this is clutching at straws but that is where I'm at!!

Thanks,
Matt

Solution
Hello Matt

I would suggest you to re-check the fan placement and if needed, take it out and re-fit it in its place properly.

Also, while reassembling your laptop after taking it apart, you may have not placed the RAM or processor in its place firmly.

In either case, you should reopen the laptop, take out all its parts, and reassemble them properly.

Here are the videos related to How to Disassemble and then How to Reassemble Sony Vaio PCG-71211M for your convenience.

Let me know if this works.

Good Luck!!
Hello Matt

I would suggest you to re-check the fan placement and if needed, take it out and re-fit it in its place properly.

Also, while reassembling your laptop after taking it apart, you may have not placed the RAM or processor in its place firmly.

In either case, you should reopen the laptop, take out all its parts, and reassemble them properly.

Here are the videos related to How to Disassemble and then How to Reassemble Sony Vaio PCG-71211M for your convenience.

Let me know if this works.

Good Luck!!

Solution

matt05d

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015

CPU wasn't seated properly, all sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.