Sony Vegas changing video size?

prizna123

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
I am very new to video editing so this could be very obvious but I have no idea why this is happening.

If I start a 1920x1080 project and add a video with a resolution of 1440x1080 to the project, Sony Vegas seems to stretch the width of the video to match the project width of 1920 instead of adding black bars to the sides. Is there a reason for this?

What I would like to do is add the 1440x1080 video to my 1920x1080 project with out stretching the width and to just have the black bars instead. Is this possible?

thanks,

reeljustic

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

reeljustic

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
I have been using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 11 for about a year to edit many. many video projects. We do not have HD so everything is 720 x 480 4x3 standard and is uploaded to an on air server. I've never had any problems with the output. All of a sudden, my videos are now appearing much smaller on the air than they should. The size in Sony shows correct, aspect ratio shows correct, what in the world is causing them to literally shrink? I know it's not the server because the files created and edited via MS just before this began happening are displaying correctly. And a file I uploaded and did not edit in MS is also displaying correctly. I have a bigtime project do and it cannot end up looking like this. Any ideas?

Post you question as a new thread and you are more likely to get help. Once you do that I will see if I can help you find an answer.