Sony Vegas Pro 13 not using GPU Rendering

TehSea Otter

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
I have Sony Vegas Pro 13 and when i try to use OpenCL with my XFX R9 270x it doesn't use but maybe 10% of my graphics card and only at times. Most of the time the GPU isnt used at all. Anyone know whats wrong?

Solution
Typically only effects and filters are rendered using the GPU, and even then this kind of task shouldn't result in heavy GPU load. This might be why you are seeing GPU usage increase only intermittently and only to low levels.

You should still see performance gain over CPU-only rendering, though. Try previewing a clip with complex effects applied to it with GPU acceleration on vs. off. You should see higher preview framerates when GPU acceleration is on.

aznricepuff

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Typically only effects and filters are rendered using the GPU, and even then this kind of task shouldn't result in heavy GPU load. This might be why you are seeing GPU usage increase only intermittently and only to low levels.

You should still see performance gain over CPU-only rendering, though. Try previewing a clip with complex effects applied to it with GPU acceleration on vs. off. You should see higher preview framerates when GPU acceleration is on.

Solution