Sony WEGA KDF-50we655 wont work with new fire stick

fourgd77

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
I just purchased a new Alexa compatible fire stick from amazon. However, my working condition SONY WEGA KDF-50WE655 TV does not seem to connect with the fire stick through the hdmi port. The port works as I had the cable going thru that but switched the cable to the coax connection and plugged the fire stick into the hdmi. Instructions for SONY TV says all hdmi should be on setting 7(not channel 7). However when I switch to 7 it flashes a quick message too fast to read and then clears screen. . Can someone advise on how to correct this? Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!

Solution
The Firestick may be sending out 1080p video which is not compatible with your WEGA (720p would be the best setting).
Try connecting the Firestick to another TV and then setting it to 720p. Then try it on the WEGA.
There may also be an issue with the HDMI input not supplying enough power to run the firestick.
The Firestick may be sending out 1080p video which is not compatible with your WEGA (720p would be the best setting).
Try connecting the Firestick to another TV and then setting it to 720p. Then try it on the WEGA.
There may also be an issue with the HDMI input not supplying enough power to run the firestick.

Solution