Solved! Sony Wega vs Firestick

Jun 16, 2018
Have an older Sony Wega kdf-e60a20, which does have an HDMI input port. It is not a smart TV. It is a rear projection, not high def. When I plug my firestick into it, I am not able to see Firestick displayed on any of the Video1 - 6 channels. Can anyone help me figure out if its possible to connect? And if its not possible to use the Firestick, could I just connect to my laptop to stream off it?

Solution
You can't connect a Firestick to any computer. No HDMI input only output.
The HDMI input is video 6 according to the manual. Plug the stick in a give it a minute to boot. Then try selecting input 6.
If you don't get a picture then I would suggest plugging it into an new TV and changing the video resolution to 720p. Then try it again.
It's also possible that the TV is so old that it doesn't support HDCP. The term doesn't appear in the manual. This would keep you from getting a picture. Using an HDMI to DVI plus audio converter might bypass this issue but I'm not sure.
You can't connect a Firestick to any computer. No HDMI input only output.
The HDMI input is video 6 according to the manual. Plug the stick in a give it a minute to boot. Then try selecting input 6.
If you don't get a picture then I would suggest plugging it into an new TV and changing the video resolution to 720p. Then try it again.
It's also possible that the TV is so old that it doesn't support HDCP. The term doesn't appear in the manual. This would keep you from getting a picture. Using an HDMI to DVI plus audio converter might bypass this issue but I'm not sure.

Solution