Sound and Video cut out at random intervals. Long HDMI Cable.

MF9769

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015
I have a bit of a problem and was wondering if someone here could propose a solution. After rebuilding my basement post-flood, I decided to run a length of HDMI cable through my wall and around the room so that I could hide my cable box and XBOX One behind my bar, while connecting it to a TV hanging on the wall opposite the bar. The cable inside the wall is about 50 feet long. Here's my general setup: XBOX, connected via HDMI cable to a signal booster, booster plugged into an HDMI port on the wall, 50 foot cable in wall to HDMI going around the room to a port on other side, TV connected to said port. Without the signal booster, I had no sound or video, which is why I bought the booster in the first place. With it, the sound and video (most commonly sound) cut off at random intervals. Perhaps I need a different booster? Or maybe there's another solution. Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
It seems that you would need some kind of HDMI switch to connect two sources with one cable. That might be a problem. Bypass it. The next thing I would do is to connect the Xbox with a short HDMI cable to the TV and make sure that it works OK. The 50' HDMI cable you ran did not work at all so the booster is a bandaid. If you can return it and get a better cable do so. If not your options are
1. If your booster is powered by the HDMI cable and you have the option on it to use an external power supply try that
2. Try a different HDMI booster.
3 You could try a wireless HDMI solution. Get one that will allow you to control the cable box via IR if needed.

It seems that you would need some kind of HDMI switch to connect two sources with one cable. That might be a problem. Bypass it. The next thing I would do is to connect the Xbox with a short HDMI cable to the TV and make sure that it works OK. The 50' HDMI cable you ran did not work at all so the booster is a bandaid. If you can return it and get a better cable do so. If not your options are
1. If your booster is powered by the HDMI cable and you have the option on it to use an external power supply try that
2. Try a different HDMI booster.
3 You could try a wireless HDMI solution. Get one that will allow you to control the cable box via IR if needed.

Solution