Sound "Blackouts" Over HDMI

Ino___

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
I have blackouts in my sound over HDMI.

When for example I play a game where I have a quiet ambient sound the sound stops playing (I can't hear it). When I then click on a button which makes a loud sound the sound is back including the ambient sound which is gone again after a sec. Clicking the button again brings back the quiet sound again.

This happens in general if a watch a movie with a relatively quiet part the sound is gone after a second. When soundtrack becomes loud again is a loud part the sound is back. It's like there is a threshold and if the sound is below it, the sound stops playing after a second.

I have tried disabling any equalizer driver, but this still has not resolved the issue. My set up is:

Asus x450ln --> HDMI --> lg 29um58 --> jack --> 2.1 speakers

Hi,

Just to confirm you connect your speaker onto your monitor not directly on your PC based from your diagram right?

- First thing to try is to connect your speaker directly to your laptop.
- Once done, right click on the speaker icon on your PC and select Playback Devices. Set your external speaker as the default speaker.
- Now test your speakers again after hooking them directly to your laptop.
- If this does not resolve your issue uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound driver.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't install the driver automatically, download and install the latest driver from ASUS Support site.
- Here's the link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Conexant_Win81_64_VER8652351.zip
- Once installed, test the sound again.

Ino___

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
If I connect directly to the laptop it works just fine.

It's over HDMI where it's not working or just sort of working. As i move the laptop often I want to connect as few cables to it as possible

The Conexant Audio Driver i have installed is version 8.65.23.51 and the latest driver provided for my laptop.

As described above it's not that it's not working at all and I can reproduce the blackout.