Solved! Soundbar and 5:1 connected together

Nov 23, 2018
Hi,
I have a Harmon Kardon soundbar connected to Munj samsung 4K TV. I also have a samsung blu Ray Player cum receiver connected to 5:1 speakers. Recently I have bought a Marantz N1509. Would I be able to connect my HK soundbar and 5:1 system together to make it 6:2 system?
Thanks.

Solution
There is no such thing as 6.2. Is either 5.1, 5.2 or 7.1, 7.2

Nope sorry, it doesn't work like that, this is not like putting legos together. Short answer is whatever you want to TAKE IT TO, the main box must already able to handle that many channels, meaning the decoder is already programmed to handle it.

To cobble pieces like that, it must be pre-planned, not an add-on exercise as you seem to want to do.

So for example, I have a 7.2 AV Processor (Preamplifier) but when I bought it, I had my 5.1 speakers and no immediate plan to change, so configuring my AV Processor I just told it I have 6 speakers only, and it works with that, but in the future I can use the extra channels by simply adding more amplifier (boxes) and more...
There is no such thing as 6.2. Is either 5.1, 5.2 or 7.1, 7.2

Nope sorry, it doesn't work like that, this is not like putting legos together. Short answer is whatever you want to TAKE IT TO, the main box must already able to handle that many channels, meaning the decoder is already programmed to handle it.

To cobble pieces like that, it must be pre-planned, not an add-on exercise as you seem to want to do.

So for example, I have a 7.2 AV Processor (Preamplifier) but when I bought it, I had my 5.1 speakers and no immediate plan to change, so configuring my AV Processor I just told it I have 6 speakers only, and it works with that, but in the future I can use the extra channels by simply adding more amplifier (boxes) and more speakers, and u see the difference, I already have an AV Processor that can handle that many channels.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS