abdool3002

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
Good Morning All,

I'm having trouble setting up my devices to work correctly. I have an LG LN5700 LED TV, a Verizon FIOS Set-top Box and a Panasonic SC-HTB70 Soundbar. The problem is prior to setting up the soundbar, I was able to control my TV's volume with my FIOS remote. Since I installed the soundbar, I have to use two separate remotes. If I try to use my FIOS remote to adjust the volume of my TV, nothing happens. I have the "IR Blaster" that came with the Soundbar but I have no clue how to set this up or position it to make it work. Can someone please help.

Also, my TV is wall mounted currently and the Soundbar is mounted just below the TV. My Set-top Box is placed just below the sound bar on a wall mounted shelf.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
The optical out of the TV is fixed. Unless your Verizon Fios remote can be programmed to do the volume of the soundbar instead of the TV you will need a universal remote to go back to using a single remote.
The IR setup on the soundbar is just to resend the IR signal to the TV if the soundbar is blocking the IR sensor on the TV. Won't help your volume control issue.
The optical out of the TV is fixed. Unless your Verizon Fios remote can be programmed to do the volume of the soundbar instead of the TV you will need a universal remote to go back to using a single remote.
The IR setup on the soundbar is just to resend the IR signal to the TV if the soundbar is blocking the IR sensor on the TV. Won't help your volume control issue.

Solution