Sounds Coming Only From Subwoofer

armeniko

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
So recently I found my old subwoofer and I decided to hook it up to my PC. My motherboard (Rampage V Extreme) has all the necessary ports for surround sound and whatnot. Besides the subwoofer (which goes in the orange port), I've got a Bose Mini Soundlink 2 hooked up to it (connected to the green port). The problem is that when I'm playing music, the sound all comes from the Bose speakers and not a peep from the subwoofer. When I play games however, the Bose doesn't make a sound and the subwoofer barely makes some sounds, but it's apparent that the subwoofer is the only one working in that case. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, do you know what a possible fix for it is?

Configurations:
5.1 surround sound (with rear speakers disabled)

That is pretty much all there is, I hope someone has a fix for this, I've been checking forums for days and not a thing has helped so far. My guess is that the Bose speaker has all the surround sound components in it, and thus it's taking over the subwoofer, but I wouldn't know, I'm not the best at understanding audio.

Thank you for your time!

Update #1:
I just tested the frequencies using two different Youtube videos. One of the videos had the sound coming from the subwoofer only, whereas the other one had it coming from the Bose speakers only. Any explanation?

Try configuring your audio for 2.1 since that is what you have. You will need to adjust the volume of the sub to balance it with the Bose speakers in the audio control panel or with the volume control of the sub.
In 5.1 any sound that would come from the center speaker and rears is not forwarded to the speakers do you have and so those sounds just disappear.

Try configuring your audio for 2.1 since that is what you have. You will need to adjust the volume of the sub to balance it with the Bose speakers in the audio control panel or with the volume control of the sub.
In 5.1 any sound that would come from the center speaker and rears is not forwarded to the speakers do you have and so those sounds just disappear.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FirstLast1234 Audio 3
L Audio 1
U Audio 2
A Audio 2
V Audio 1
W Audio 5
T Audio 1
G Audio 0
S Audio 1
M Audio 1
R Audio 18