Spanish Town Names a Street After Super Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I wouldn't want to live on Avenida de Super Mario Bros. Imagine having to write that down on all your paperwork. People would think you were conning them.

xFriarx

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]I wouldn't want to live on Avenida de Super Mario Bros. Imagine having to write that down on all your paperwork. People would think you were conning them.[/citation]

LoL, that's what i was thinking...i wouldn't want to live on that street...to freakin' long to write every time you have to give your address out. Interesting idea as long the names are short i guess...

omikron48

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
"Residents say they are glad that the streets will not be named after violent video game characters"

Yup, not the violent ones. Just an ex-hippie (flower power) Italian plumber who keeps tripping on shrooms. Or a rogue Santa's helper who slashes and breaks everything in sight in hopes of finding stuff (vandalism right there). Or an anthropomorphic hedgehog that's on speed and is addicted to chili dogs.

Yeah, good one there.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]omikron48[/nom]"Residents say they are glad that the streets will not be named after violent video game characters"Yup, not the violent ones. Just an ex-hippie (flower power) Italian plumber who keeps tripping on shrooms. Or a rogue Santa's helper who slashes and breaks everything in sight in hopes of finding stuff (vandalism right there). Or an anthropomorphic hedgehog that's on speed and is addicted to chili dogs.Yeah, good one there.[/citation]
[citation][nom]omikron48[/nom]"Residents say they are glad that the streets will not be named after violent video game characters"Yup, not the violent ones. Just an ex-hippie (flower power) Italian plumber who keeps tripping on shrooms. Or a rogue Santa's helper who slashes and breaks everything in sight in hopes of finding stuff (vandalism right there). Or an anthropomorphic hedgehog that's on speed and is addicted to chili dogs.Yeah, good one there.[/citation]
Hey don't you show how violent and just odd old games actually were, that is a sekret!

matobinder

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
What's this talk about Mario's 25th birthday? Mario Bros was out in 1983 I believe. That featured both Mario and Luigi. Donkey Kong was out in 1984 I think, so Mario was out way before 1985.

matobinder

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
[citation][nom]matobinder[/nom]What's this talk about Mario's 25th birthday? Mario Bros was out in 1983 I believe. That featured both Mario and Luigi. Donkey Kong was out in 1984 I think, so Mario was out way before 1985.[/citation]

Oops, I just did a bit more looking in, Donkey Kong was out in 1981, but Mario was called Jumpman then. It wasn't until 1983 that Mario Bros came out. So that 27 years, not 25.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]matobinder[/nom]Oops, I just did a bit more looking in, Donkey Kong was out in 1981, but Mario was called Jumpman then. It wasn't until 1983 that Mario Bros came out. So that 27 years, not 25.[/citation]

I think it's the 'Super' Mario 25th Anniversary'.. which was, yeah, 1985. If it was the Mario 25th anniversary, yeah, that would have been two years ago.

Mike00

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Nice, now imagine if the named a street "All Your Bases Are Belong to Us Drive" LMAO! that would crack me up every time I would write my address LOL, but at the same time, damn that's to long LOL

doped

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
I accidentally the street name all over my floor!!

but in all seriousness, what a stupid idea! but then again, maybe not, as many streetnames is named after people, so why not after fictional characters. No it is stupid. Super mario street, COME ON!

G

It is silly, but not entirely unheard of.

Here in the UK, Derby named a street 'Lara Croft Way'

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
As a geek, I really like this! But I can't help but think that it would not be taken so seriously :

"A really tragic accident occured today at the corner of Space Invaders and Sonic the Hedgehog when an elderly woman got ran over by a car. The reckless driver then quickly escaped the scene towards Bionic Commande Boulevard".

Status
Not open for further replies.