Spilled sweet tea on VAIO laptop

Jarda Kalkant

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Hi, I recently spilled a sweet tea on my girlfriend's right side of the laptop's keyboard. I did everything possible - turned it immediately off, dried it with a cloth and turned around and let dry over 12 hours. But some keys on the other side (where the tea wasn't spilled) do not work at all. As soon as the windows "log in" shows up, it starts to type. I do have to press a key to stop it, then write a password on external keyboard. When I do not touch the computer for like 10 minutes, it starts to type again (it's holding some key). I disassembled and assembled the laptop, tried to disconnect a connect the keyboard again, re-installed drivers, removed some keys to look underneath them - but none of it worked.

Any idea what should I do? Could the problem be in the motherboard or something? Thank you.

Jarda Kalkant

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Yeah, it's around 50€ which is whatever. But I won't be happy until I try everything possible. Plus I would be really disappointed if I bought a new keyboard and the problem wouldn't be fixed. Thank anyway. Any other solutions?

oczdude8

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
I've had the exact same thing. Someone spilled tea on their vaio and their keyboard was damaged. I replaced it and it was fine. I can tell you with almost 95% certainty it is the keyboard (especially if it is backlit).

Jarda Kalkant

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Alright, I will probably give the new keyboard a shot. Unless someone comes up with a special magic trick that could fix it and improve my knowledge. Thank you very much for your answers guys, I really appreciate it.

Jarda Kalkant

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Alright, I will probably give the new keyboard a shot. Unless someone comes up with a special magic trick that could fix it and improve my knowledge. Thank you very much for your answers guys, I really appreciate it.