Jul 28, 2019
Hello i spilled water on my laptop and i took every possible actions. Removed all the water on the outer side. My laptops battery cant be removed. I was afraid to make damage to my laptop so i didnt open up the bottom. I left it dry for the night and now it wont even turn on. Please is it possible that it's not a serious damage? What should i do now?

Solution
It will delete evrything from the hard disk and that includes all your private data - documents, music, pictures, contacts etc. Not a good idea. You could work this yourself or take it to a professional PC fixer. The operation is to remove the hard drive and slave it to another PC using a USB caddy.

If you do it, you keep your privacy but some so-called professionals might just keep a copy to sell the bad guys. Using the machine you're posting from, search for the make and model's service manual. That shows you the screws to remove the drive from the inside. You will need a 2.5mm Pozi screwdriver, an old plastic bank card or similar and something small to hold the tiny screws - preferably with a...
For the benefit of others who will read this thread, the trick when this happens is to cover the affected device with uncooked rice and allow that time to absorb the liquid.

For your benefit, emma9197, all I can suggest is to take it to someone who can dismantle the laptop and see if there is a viable repair. You could dowse it with rice but I fear it's a little late for that cure..

Jul 28, 2019
My brother, who worked at a pc shop before helped me "clean" the inner of the water spilled laptop and afterwards it actually turned on. I was very happy until it showed that there was a problem: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some info and then we'll restart for you". And when it restarts it just freezes on the logo and not the loading icon not moving at all. Does it need professional fix?

It will delete evrything from the hard disk and that includes all your private data - documents, music, pictures, contacts etc. Not a good idea. You could work this yourself or take it to a professional PC fixer. The operation is to remove the hard drive and slave it to another PC using a USB caddy.

If you do it, you keep your privacy but some so-called professionals might just keep a copy to sell the bad guys. Using the machine you're posting from, search for the make and model's service manual. That shows you the screws to remove the drive from the inside. You will need a 2.5mm Pozi screwdriver, an old plastic bank card or similar and something small to hold the tiny screws - preferably with a magnet. The plastic card is to ease apart the base from the rest of the case.

Good luck - it's easier to do than to write the procedure..

Solution