ssd to hdd

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
The OS is in the third SSD partition named Acer C: (232GB SSD)

The HDD looks empty.. I had the impression it had the original OS, but it may be the second HDD before he backed up the OS.

The point is you asked

OK, hold on.
I thought we were past that.

Is the current HDD still the primary drive it boots form, and is it still a Dynamic disk?
And the Dynamic disk is the SSD only.

USAFRet

Illustrious

"the HDD looks empty"
And which drive would that HDD be?
Disk 1 or Disk 2?

In that screencap, Disk 1, highlighted in brown, is the OS drive. And appears to be a Dynamic drive of 250GB.

The other drive, presumably a 120GB, GPT Disk 2, is...what?
New Volume, with a drive letter of A....empty.

If you or I were sitting in front of this system, discovery of the relevant config would take mere minutes.
Doing this by remote control is less than optimal.

Currently, I have no idea what is where, and what (or how) a 'backup' was made. Or if that 'backup' is even relevant.

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Disk 1 is the SSD (Dynamic disk) with the already cloned OS in it...

The other drive Disk 2 is a USB external empty HDD probably the backup HDD he mentioned.

The main HDD with the original OS of which he hasn't shown an image of yet, and as I understand, he has not formatted yet.

LOL... Yes I get the last part. OP has to give concrete answers like a detailed description of:
1) everything he's done so far
2) and describe what's in each HDD and SSD right now
3) and provide updated screenshots of Disk Management or Macrim of all three drives