Storing pictures on Alcatel One Touch Idol 3

JoeTheAuthor

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
When I take a picture with my Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 and save it, is it stored on the phone's internal memory? If so, how can I get it to be saved to my 64 GB SD card? Can I set it up so that they are saved automatically to the SD card (ideal solution...lol)?

Solution
Actually, my brother, who has the same phone as I do, told me how to do it. Go to the camera app, click up at the top right and select settings, then scroll down to storage and select the option for external SD storage. I tried it and it worked.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from JoeTheAuthor : "Saving Pictures on an Alcatel One Touch Idol 3"

Well, it can, maybe. It depends. You would have to check the settings of the program using. If you are using the standard camera app, check its settings. Now I have to say that many default camera apps don't let you save to the SD card. Why they didn't add this option, is beyond me. However, to get around it, you can get an app that will allow you to save the photos to the card. There are quire a few you can obtain for free on Google Play.

If for some odd reason you can't get the phone (no matter which app using) to save to the card directly, you also have the option of copying them over to the card, by connecting the phone to a computer via USB.

JoeTheAuthor

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
I learned from another user that if you go to the Phone app, click at the top right, then click settings and scroll down, there is a selection for storage. I tried it and it worked.

JoeTheAuthor

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Actually, my brother, who has the same phone as I do, told me how to do it. Go to the camera app, click up at the top right and select settings, then scroll down to storage and select the option for external SD storage. I tried it and it worked.

Solution