Strange issue with reformat?

Jufinda

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Me and my friend are trying to remove an admin account his laptop, My friend tried to reboot his laptop and it did the reformat process but on boot, it has no files (his HDD formated) and the admin account is still active? so its almost like he just formated his hdd without deleting the OS, anyone able to help or assist on the matter? the laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 and the only reason for the Admin account is because its second hand.

Solution
Im getting i bit confused now so im going to try to make it clear. So you want to delete a admin account, the only way to delete a admin account is to have another admin.

Admin accounts can only be deleted by another Admin, so a user account cannot delete a admin because its a lower account, meaning a user has less control over a laptop than a Admin. ( a Admin account without the Admin privileges is a user, if you were creating your own account i wouldnt recommend making a User account, you will soon see the many downsides of a User later on). The only time i would make a user account is for a friend who will use it rarely or a younger child.

To sum this up, the way to go would have been to create a admin delete the other and your...

BlueFireZ

Estimable
You know you couldve done this:

click start>control panel>user accounts and family safety>user accounts>manage another account, then double click on the account you want to delete and at the bottom it will say "delete the account" click that. And make sure you already have a adminstrator account already of your own.

Jufinda

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
I know you can do that, there is only 2 accounts on his laptop "Admin" and "User", this means we can't just delete the account which is why we tried the reformat

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Im getting i bit confused now so im going to try to make it clear. So you want to delete a admin account, the only way to delete a admin account is to have another admin.

Admin accounts can only be deleted by another Admin, so a user account cannot delete a admin because its a lower account, meaning a user has less control over a laptop than a Admin. ( a Admin account without the Admin privileges is a user, if you were creating your own account i wouldnt recommend making a User account, you will soon see the many downsides of a User later on). The only time i would make a user account is for a friend who will use it rarely or a younger child.

To sum this up, the way to go would have been to create a admin delete the other and your good to go. And yes the admin account on the laptop is probably gone.

Hope this helps!

Solution