Studio monitor speakers buzzing when scrolling/moving mouse/gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

noticaa

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
I have a pair of Rokit KRK8s using balanced TRS plugged into an external DAC (scarlett 2i2). The buzzing happens when i move my mouse, scroll, and gets insanely bad when I play video games. When I play video games and interact with stuff in the game (like a menu) the buzzing fluctuates in pitch. I have my speakers plugged into a power strip (which boasts that it reduces audio interference) and the speaker power cords and powerstrip cord has 3 prongs. I've heard people say its coil whine, or a ground loop, or something, but nobody seems to have an answer. Heres a video of the buzzing in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33wEjl5MtSc

verndewd

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
in a situation where there are older wiring connections in a house or apartment, a power conditioner is needed. Also if the speakers arent magnetically shielded that could be an issue if they are too close to the monitor

antti.saari.84

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
Try taking the power to the speakers from completely different wall socket. I had the same problem and it got solved with an extension chord from another side of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.