Studio speaker and sub woofer won't work together?

Justinsanity

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015
RAM
8GB DDR3 1600mhz
MotherBoard
Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
PSU
Seasonic S12 II Bronze
OS
Windows 10 64 Bit

I'm unaware of what sub woofer I have, I got it from a friend for free. The studio monitor is a Rokit P5 G3. I'm using it for some mono mastering/mixing.

So my motherboard has 6 different 3.5mm jacks on the back, and two in the front (one for headphones one for mic). Only one of the jacks on the back and the headphone jack on the front seems to produce an output for the components I'm using. When I plug the Rokit speaker into it by itself, it plays exactly how it should. When I plug the sub into it by itself, it plays exactly how it should. My problem is, when I plug the other component in the other one immediately goes silent and the newly plugged in speaker is the only one that plays. I think it's something to do with audio drivers, but I'm at a loss for how to get them to work together.

Justinsanity

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015
Downloading VIA HD audio doesn't seem to change anything. For some reason, the little icon isn't there at the bottom like it was shown in the picture, even after restarting the computer.

reedo_43

Distinguished

See if it is in control panel somewhere, if not check in the sounds portion. Good luck!

Justinsanity

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015
OK so now when I go to speaker configuration and click to test the sub woofer, it'll play the little low end test noise they have on the woofer. But when I try to listen to a song or mess around in my music production software, no sound comes from it. Any ideas? Merry Christmas by the way! :D

Justinsanity

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015
I switched out the cord for the studio monitor and found out I was using the wrong one earlier. Now the monitor handles all the low end I need so I won't be needing the extra sub. All good here, thanks for your suggestions!