Sub not working with Pioneer Receiver VSX-23TXH - Need Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allanon10

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I have recently moved and I hooked up my sound system this past weekend. I have a 5.1 setup , for some reason I am unable to get the sub woofer to work . I have tested that it is working but for some reason the AMP doesn't seem to see it or that it states the volume is too low. Any help here would be great, Hell I would even pay you if you help me figure it out.

Solution
which model from energy is it?
http://www.energy-speakers.com/subwoofers/

preout subwoofer connection should be fine
try this: (from manual)
"To route more signal to the subwoofer, set it to PLUS or set the front speakers to SMALL (see
Speaker Setting on page 91)."
The sub should be connected to the subwoofer output (not pre out).
Did you run the set up on the receiver? You need to do this when you reinstall it to balance the speakers. It may have lost previous settings while disconnected.
Check the speaker set up menu. The subwoofer output may be off or turned way down.
How did you check the subwoofer? Connect it to another source (your phone for instance) to see if it's working.

Allanon10

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
"Check the speaker set up menu. The subwoofer output may be off or turned way down." I checked in the speaker setup but when it tries to send a sound to the sub it gives me a message that the volume is too low and to turn it up. I checked the sub by unplugging the RCA cable and touching the cable to the jack loosely which generates a deep humming sound in the speaker

Allanon10

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015

"Check the speaker set up menu. The subwoofer output may be off or turned way down." I checked in the speaker setup but when it tries to send a sound to the sub it gives me a message that the volume is too low and to turn it up. I checked the sub by unplugging the RCA cable and touching the cable to the jack loosely which generates a deep humming sound in the speaker

Allanon10

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015

he brand is Energy, it is a powered subwoofer with its own AMP. It is connected with an RCA cable from the Tuner plugged into the Pre out

which model from energy is it?
http://www.energy-speakers.com/subwoofers/

preout subwoofer connection should be fine
try this: (from manual)
"To route more signal to the subwoofer, set it to PLUS or set the front speakers to SMALL (see
Speaker Setting on page 91)."

Solution

cpanagakos

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
Make sure your receiver is not set to a stereo setting. The sub seems only to output under a surrond mode. I personally keep mine on "Ext. Stereo" which, contrary to its name, is actually an "Advanced Surround" setting. For me, its the fullest sound the receiver offers, for both TV (esp. sports) and music. Sub kicks in in this surround mode as well, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.