Solved! Subwoofer stops working randomly

Its Me Greg

Estimable
May 28, 2014
I'm using a Genius SW 1250 speaker set and today my subwoofer just went full mute. I've tried to plug out-plug in, tried to disconnect-reconnect all the cables, no result so far. The 2 front speakers working just fine, but the sub sometimes mutes or comes back for a few seconds, but with crackling sounds. When I turn on the speaker set, I hear the sub pops, so it I'm not suspecting some blown circuits or whatsoever. 2 things that I'm suspecting: 1.) I've turn on sleep mode on my PC (just for a few minutes though) or 2.) I've set up a router next to the speakers amp. Please help me out and thanks for the advices!

Solution
It looks like a contact problem. It pops, so the amp seems to work, but it doesn't get the signal from the front speakers.

Those two things you mentioned have nothing to do with it though, I'm pretty sure.

So, try a different cable to connect them, if it's replaceable, if not, then take it to someone who can have a look at it and perhaps install a new cable for you.

PhysX_HW

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
It looks like a contact problem. It pops, so the amp seems to work, but it doesn't get the signal from the front speakers.

Those two things you mentioned have nothing to do with it though, I'm pretty sure.

So, try a different cable to connect them, if it's replaceable, if not, then take it to someone who can have a look at it and perhaps install a new cable for you.

Solution

Its Me Greg

Estimable
May 28, 2014

First of all, thank you for your comment! In that case, which cable do you suggest to replace? The 2RCA-3.5mm jack or the sub, which goes in the amp directly from the sub.