Suddenly receiving lots of strange SPAM

pc-nas

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone could help me as I'm tearing my hair out.

Basically over the last few weeks I've started receiving spam email in my outlook/hotmail email. I access outlook via google chrome browser. I've hardly ever got spam and any that I did, I'd set a rule for outlook to put it into junk folder, which worked great.

But over the last few weeks even after putting rules and sending it to junk folder, it just keeps getting worse. Now I'm getting around 15-20 spam emails per day.

But my concern is that many of the emails coming through are under titles of things that I may have searched for in the past. Most seriously are already marked as FLAGGED as though I've manually selected and flagged them as important email.

How can this be possible?

I am running windows 10. I've already done a virus/malware check, but can't find anything and have cleared the cookies.

What can I do to combat this?

Thank you.

Solution
If you are getting a flux of SPAM email then 1 of three things happend:

1) You signed up for something inputing your email address and they sold it to advertisers
2) Some website that had your email account got hacked and sold to advertisers.
3) Random email generator figured out your address is valid and sold to advertisers.

If it is #1 you can go to that website and see if you can unsubscribe from thier mailing lists and third party advertisers.

Otherwise all you can do is flag as junk email, unsubscribe from any that have the link to, or get a different email address. There is nothing else you can do.
If you are getting a flux of SPAM email then 1 of three things happend:

1) You signed up for something inputing your email address and they sold it to advertisers
2) Some website that had your email account got hacked and sold to advertisers.
3) Random email generator figured out your address is valid and sold to advertisers.

If it is #1 you can go to that website and see if you can unsubscribe from thier mailing lists and third party advertisers.

Otherwise all you can do is flag as junk email, unsubscribe from any that have the link to, or get a different email address. There is nothing else you can do.

Solution