Kittech

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
I am looking for suggestions on what video editting software to get. It does not have to be free, although I don't want to spend a fortune on it either (like around $50ish is ok). I need something intuitive and easy to use as I am a complete beginner. I don't need fancy add ons or effects, all I want to do is make some vlogs, product reviews, or edit some gaming videos. I was about to purchase Cyberlink Powerdirector 15, but I'm wondering, are there better options for what I want to do and for the ease of it? I don't want to be overwhelmed, I just want to find one good program that I can stick with and continue learning on. Filmora and Camstasia were other ones I've considered as they both seem geared towards newbies.

Solution
Another one to consider is Corel VideoStudio Pro X9.5. It is on sale for $39.99 at Corel. Filmora does not look bad but I have never used it. Think about downloading trial versions until you find one you are comfortable with using. What someone else likes you may not.

Ima Nuone

Estimable
May 29, 2015

Ima Nuone

Estimable
May 29, 2015
Just out of curiosity, have you tried Windows Live Movie Maker? That software is usually preinstalled. Yes it can be a little confusing at first, but once familiar it's an easy and straightforward program to use. If you have an HP desktop (or laptop) HP Media Smart Video may also be preinstalled. That's also easy to follow, very simple and uncomplicated software. Both include a few bells and whistles. Both are basic programs and recognized as more than decent software for beginnings. They are preinstalled and free. I have used both to edit my videos and am perfectly satisfied with the results. To me, the commercial programs, both the paid and free versions, are geared toward the professional. Once again, if you want simple and have access to the software I've mentioned, try one or the other or both.