Suggestion on Headphones I should get?

superman1370

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hey,
Im searching for some headphone recommendations?
Im looking for gaming/music headphones that has some bass but also comfortable while wearing it. Im NOT looking for the BEST headphones just one that is valued and reasonable priced. Looking to spend <$100. So if someone has some suggestions please comment below or PM me. THANKS

Solution

Yes, But its only...

_zxzxzx_

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
With there being so many to choose from I can only say brands and some models though I suggest you look around your local electronics stores.
AKG, Sennheiser, Bose, Klipsch, Etymotic Research, Shure, Logitech, Atomic, and Bowers & Wilkins are some great brands I know of though there are plenty more.
For durability and quality there's the Shure SE215 with replaceable cords if you ever need to replace them. Other notable models are the UE MetroFi 170

gizmo j

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
The AD700 and AD700x or both one of the best gaming headphones you can buy but the bass is VERY weak and you wont enjoy them very much in music.

As for the A40s there not very respected in the Audiophile community. There not "terrible" but you can get similar quality in the Tritton AX720 witch also comes with Dolby HP 7.1 and only cost $140.

Also, you might want to check "Headfi.com" its were all the best people in the would come to talk about headphones/headsets. Here's a thread you might find useful.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-9-2-2013-sony-ma900-added

superman1370

Honorable
May 20, 2012

According to the thread you linked me. the A40 has better reviewing score than the tritton

gizmo j

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

Yes, But its only "slightly" better. It doesn't justify the $110 price difference.....its more like a $30 difference.

For the price of the A40 you can get something better.

You can buy the Astro mixamp and connect it to a AD700x or HD558. I would suggest the HD558 if you plan on using them for music because it has better bass.

To attach a mic you can get the LVA-7330, cut off the head part and glue or Velcro it to the headphone.

Solution
Apr 26, 2012

Like people have mentioned previously, there are so many different choices that it can be kind of overwhelming trying to find a decent headset. I'm not sure if you want a mic, prefer something wireless, or if you're going to be using this headset across multiple platforms, but for your price point ~$100, the Skullcandy SLYR looks like a solid choice. The mic isn't horrible like a lot of gaming headsets and the bass is on the stronger end, compared to other gaming headsets, if you prefer that like I do for my music.