dharmil007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Hi,

As the title suggests it. its a tough decision between Macbook Pro and Surface Book.
Or if you find something similar to this.
Please suggest which one to go for.
I will be purchasing it in January.

According to me, advantages of both over each other
Surface Book over Mac :
Portability (can be used as a tablet also)
Latest Intel Processors (not a big deal though )
Touch and Pen Input.

Mac over Surface Book :
Its a MAC. Name is enuf.

My budget is around 1500$.
I will probably use it for Surfing Net, watching Movies, Coding, College Projects, some higher end softwares.

dharmil007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

High end as in adobe softwares. Nothing Platform specific.
and I dont think I will be bootcamping Mac.

The Surface Book is more versatile and the digital pen can come in handy if you have a need for it.

I would say it boils down to which OS you prefer.... and if there are any specific software you plan on using which is exclusive to either of the two OSes.

dharmil007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

There are no specific software's. All of them are common across OSes

I like MacBook because of ITs OS and surface book beacuse of its portability.

As none of the things are plateform specific it will depend on personal preference. Macs are mainly designed to be multimedia laptops. The surface book is designed to be portable with some multimedia components.

I assume when you say macbook pro you mean the 13 inch one. If this is the case the surface book should have the advantage in the graphics department when you are using photoshop or premier.

But apple does have their own suite of software which are similar to adobe which is more optimised for their os.

Another thing, for the software development, are you making software for macs or windows?