Surround Speakers - Yes Test Tone but no TV sound

rfeustel

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
I have a Sony HBD-E770W Blue Ray Disc/DVD Receiver with a TA-SA200WR Surround amp with S-AIR. I can pair the Surround speakers and get a test tone from each speaker but I cannot get TV sound from the Surround speakers. Help!
[don't post your email on the forum]

rfeustel

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Thank you. I believe you are on the correct path. After chatting with a Sony rep for nearly an hour, we determine that I can only get stereo 2.1 using RCA cables. I need to change to HDMI directly from Sony receiver to TV. Unfortunately, I do not have HDMI on my projection TV so costly equipment changes are needed.

First check the TV audio menu and see if you can change the audio output type. It may be set to output in stereo.
If you can't change that then you will need to select a different surround sound mode on the Sony.
Also there may not be any surround information on the TV channels you are watching.

rfeustel

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

rfeustel

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Thank you. I believe you are on the correct path. After chatting with a Sony rep for nearly an hour, we determine that I can only get stereo 2.1 using RCA cables. I need to change to HDMI directly from Sony receiver to TV. Unfortunately, I do not have HDMI on my projection TV so costly equipment changes are needed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 3
HoomanSacrifice Audio 12
B Audio 5
B Audio 1
R Audio 4
LostWorm Audio 1
Q Audio 6
V Audio 1
T Audio 2
L Audio 7
G Audio 2