Take multi channel sound from 3.5mm jack port of tv

bluemoonb51

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Hi dears,
I want to buy a home theater sound system like "LG SJ5 Soundbar" but my old lcd tv only has coaxial and 3.5mm jack output port.

So do you think that I can transfer the dolby sound by 3.5mm port to my new soundbar or it is impossible?

Best regards

Solution
A 2.1 channel soundbar can't produce surround sound at all so if you get one like that it won't matter if you use digital out rather than the 3.5mm stereo output. If you get one that has rear speakers it will make a difference
You can't use an 3.5mm analog stereo jack to carry 5.1 channel audio (analog or digital). If you use it then you would select a surround mode such as Dolby Prologic which is designed to extract any out of phase surround processed audio.
If your TV has a coax digital audio out you can use that for digital 5.1
If your soundbar has a optical input you would need to convert the coax to optical with an active converter. Check the TV manual on how to use the coax out.
A 2.1 channel soundbar can't produce surround sound at all so if you get one like that it won't matter if you use digital out rather than the 3.5mm stereo output. If you get one that has rear speakers it will make a difference
You can't use an 3.5mm analog stereo jack to carry 5.1 channel audio (analog or digital). If you use it then you would select a surround mode such as Dolby Prologic which is designed to extract any out of phase surround processed audio.
If your TV has a coax digital audio out you can use that for digital 5.1
If your soundbar has a optical input you would need to convert the coax to optical with an active converter. Check the TV manual on how to use the coax out.

Solution