Tech Expert Holiday Gift Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

beehew

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
I don't have an iPhone owner on my gift list. In fact, if I were to receive an iPhone owner, I would return them the next day.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]beehew[/nom]I don't have an iPhone owner on my gift list. In fact, if I were to receive an iPhone owner, I would return them the next day.[/citation]
Oh, that's cute!
Apple has sold 35 million iPhones. Odds are you're buying a gift for one of them. It would not make sense for Tom's Guide to ignore this demographic. Agreed?

Rachel Rosmarin
Editor, Tom's Guide

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
Absolutely beautiful. Oh and the tech stuff is pretty nice as well

Absolutely beautiful. Oh and the tech stuff is pretty nice as well

jodpel

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I am thoroughly enjoying this list. I can't afford anything on it, but it is very cool. I do have the Monster Turbine headphones and they are excellent. The only drawback of them is they aren't very snug in your ears if you are moving around a lot (mowing the yard, etc.)
@beehew: I am one of the 35 million iPhone users. Does this mean you aren't getting me anything for Christmas this year? :(

andyviant

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
Devin - Unless you're typing upside down, that oled keypad is on the LEFT of the keyboard. It's okay -- looking at the picture I'm a bit distracted as well, and in fact took me a bit to see there was a keyboard there at all.

DemonBiscuit

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Monster Turbine headphones? Really? Not only are there better options out there but who wants to help support this company? Their products are proven time and again to have over exaggerated performance claims and I won't even mention their litigious nature over others use of the word 'Monster'. Terrible, terrible choice.

Other than that not a bad list.

DemonBiscuit

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Monster Turbine headphones? Really? Not only are there better options out there but who wants to help support this company? Their products are proven time and again to have over exaggerated performance claims and I won't even mention their litigious nature over others use of the word 'Monster'. Terrible, terrible choice.

Other than that not a bad list.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]DemonBiscuit[/nom]Fujifilm S200EXR meet the Olympus sp590-uz. Better zoom, less money, great camera too.[/citation]
That is a good camera, too. They are, however, about the same price. The Fujifilm has manual zoom and shoots RAW images (the Olympus has a slightly smaller feature set but bigger zoom).

beehew

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomsguiderachel[/nom]Oh, that's cute!Apple has sold 35 million iPhones. Odds are you're buying a gift for one of them. It would not make sense for Tom's Guide to ignore this demographic. Agreed?Rachel RosmarinEditor, Tom's Guide[/citation]
Odds are...pretty bad. IF that figure were to be limited to US sales alone, that would mean that ~8% of the population has one. And that sales figure counts all the people that HAD to upgrade to the newest one a year after its original release. iPhones are not as widely distributed throughout the popoulation as some would believe. I know one person who has one and they aren't on my list.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]beehew[/nom]Odds are...pretty bad. IF that figure were to be limited to US sales alone, that would mean that ~8% of the population has one. And that sales figure counts all the people that HAD to upgrade to the newest one a year after its original release. iPhones are not as widely distributed throughout the popoulation as some would believe. I know one person who has one and they aren't on my list.[/citation]
Are you joking? Do you think that the Tom's readership is reflective of the general U.S. population? Our readers are far more likely than an average U.S. resident to own an iPhone, believe me. This conversation is a little silly--we cover iPhones here at Tom's Guide, take it or leave it.

tehue

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
I couldn't care less for the gadgets... well, maybe just a little.
I'm just happy Sarah is back.
Thanks for bringing sexy back to Tom's!!!

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
"I couldn't care less for the gadgets... well, maybe just a little.
I'm just happy Sarah is back.
Thanks for bringing sexy back to Tom's!!!"

Agreed...

G

Im seriously considering a Zune HD, I love the idea of the Zune pass subscription, paying $15 a month, get 10 songs to keep, + "rent" as much as a I want. It is very interesting. If that also included video both on the Zune and on my 360, id definitely be hooked.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]DemonBiscuit[/nom]Monster Turbine headphones? Really? Not only are there better options out there but who wants to help support this company? Their products are proven time and again to have over exaggerated performance claims and I won't even mention their litigious nature over others use of the word 'Monster'. Terrible, terrible choice.Other than that not a bad list.[/citation]

Thanks for catching that! Fixed!
-Devin

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomsguiderachel[/nom]Are you joking? Do you think that the Tom's readership is reflective of the general U.S. population? Our readers are far more likely than an average U.S. resident to own an iPhone, believe me. This conversation is a little silly--we cover iPhones here at Tom's Guide, take it or leave it.[/citation]

A bit of a rough reply, the guy was just expressing his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.