Teens Sending & Receiving 3,339 Texts Per Month

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I worry about future generations once they graduate into the work force. Without even verbal communication (let alone talking face to face), their social skills are going to be sorely lacking. They'll have a decreased ability to read human body language and their verbal communication skills will diminish since they have little practice. Kids will have trouble interviewing for jobs when they feel awkward having normal conversations.

flinxsl

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
where were all the articles like this when I was talking on AIM all the time c. 2004? I really don't see the difference

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]bmadd[/nom]How is sending a dozen messages easier and faster then a 30second phone call?[/citation]

Chances are that instead of paying attention in class, they're texting under the desk, much less detectable than having an open conversation on the phone. I graduated highschool in 2004, last couple years of school texting was fairly new and I saw this crap going on almost every other class. Raising a bunch of dip---ts, no wonder Jersey Shore is #1. My generation seems semi-fail, the future generation seems like total fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.