Terresterial - Analogue Antenna

qalalawi

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Hello,

I am using Samsung Smart TV Model K5100 of 49 inches. I installed an antenna then tried to scan the channels. The only given option before scanning in Arial was Terrestrial and Channel Type was Analogue. There was no way I could change to digital as I was told the TV was manufactured with only those options by the local Samsung service team and they could not program otherwise. They specifically told my TV was not made for the country where I'm living which is Tanzania, however, I decided not to give up and seek further advice since the TV does not work with digital antennas than what about analogue ones. mmhhmm.

My question is, Can I get an antenna which can support my Smart TV i.e. scan for analogue channels rather than the common digital. if there is please guide me where I can order.

I appreciate all the help you could give,
Qassim

Solution
Unfortunately, your country ended its broadcast of analogue transmissions at the end of 2013. So only digital broadcasts are available. The TV you have may not have the correct band of digital tuner. I would suggest buying a digital TV receiver box and plugging that into your Samsung. That could really be your only option.
Unfortunately, your country ended its broadcast of analogue transmissions at the end of 2013. So only digital broadcasts are available. The TV you have may not have the correct band of digital tuner. I would suggest buying a digital TV receiver box and plugging that into your Samsung. That could really be your only option.

Solution