The battery light on my Toshiba has started blinking when I plug it in to charge and after a few seconds it says plugged in, not charging. And the light keeps flashing. I've tried resetting it by taking the battery out and pressing the power button for 30 seconds. That didn't work. What do I do?
Here are more troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the "Microsoft Acpi-compliant Control Method Battery"
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall "Microsoft Acpi-compliant Control Method Battery".
- Once done reboot your laptop and it should reinstall automatically upon reboot.
- After the reboot do test it again.
- If this will not work test your AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage to power or charge your battery.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if this will work or not.