The battery light on my Toshiba has started blinking when I plug it in to charge.

renkhan

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
The battery light on my Toshiba has started blinking when I plug it in to charge and after a few seconds it says plugged in, not charging. And the light keeps flashing. I've tried resetting it by taking the battery out and pressing the power button for 30 seconds. That didn't work. What do I do?

Hi,

Here are more troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the "Microsoft Acpi-compliant Control Method Battery"
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall "Microsoft Acpi-compliant Control Method Battery".
- Once done reboot your laptop and it should reinstall automatically upon reboot.
- After the reboot do test it again.
- If this will not work test your AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage to power or charge your battery.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if this will work or not.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
logorrhoeic Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 4
O Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Solved! Toshiba Portege Z935-P390 with new battery - Won't turn on with battery power, orange light blinking
Toshiba satellite A215 S4747 not turning on.
Toshiba Satellite M840 does not turn on with new battery install and the plug in power supply. The charging red light blinkin
Solved! Toshiba laptop battery problem
toshiba laptop charging light flashing with new battery
toshiba laptop will not run on battery
dont have orange light after disconnecting and 30 sec on power button and then putting battery in and plug in ac cord
toshiba chromebook turns off when unplugged, battery light is green
toshiba satellite, battery light blinks, will not turn on with new battery
Toshiba satellite P55W is fully charged, battery light is on, but it will not turn on. Pls help!
My toshiba laptop satellite C55-B0568 won't turn on, the battery light is blinking. Plus, the battery is not removable.
i have toshiba c650d not power on with green light on AC pluged in without battery, and not charging with battery , but its no
I have a old Toshiba Satellite laptop and replaced the battery pack. Indicator light stays dark.
Black screen (fan and battery/power lights on, but no logo, bios, windows... nothing)
I can't turn on my Toshiba laptop. Not battery to take out. Keys light up when I turn it on. Then go out and the power button
Toshiba PA3781U-1BRS no power. Battery light is red but no light on power LED.
What happens when you can't take the battery out and the toshiba laptop won't turn on and a orange light flashes
Toshiba Satellite Laptop died on ac adapter only, no battery pack with two blinking lights
I have a Toshiba laptop does not want to work on the battery and the battery light does not blink white and light main shippin
toshiba Laptop shuts off when AC adapter plugged in, with battery its run absolutely normal

ASK THE COMMUNITY