"The Nvidia Geforce GTX 670M device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged."

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaikalii

Commendable
May 17, 2016
I have had this problem for about a year now.
When I try to run any program that uses my gtx 670m card, within as little as a few seconds, or as long as an hour, the program will freeze, and I have to end the process to close it. I get a message that reads: "the Nvidia geforce gtx 670m device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged". If I then attempt to run any program that uses the gpu, the mouse hangs for a few seconds before the entire display freezes and I am forced to do a hard restart.

Things I have tried:
- a dozen different Nvidia drivers from 314.22 to 365.10 (I do use DDU)
- buying a new 180w psu (same power as the one it came with)
- taking my computer to a shop, where they reflowed the gpu (they also cleaned out dust)
- Installing the latest drivers for all my hardware
- Installing MSI's recommended drivers for all my hardware
- a few different power settings in the Windows advanced power options
- monitoring gpu temperature, which seldom goes above 60 C

PC specs:
- MSI GT60 0NC
- Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @2.30 GHz
- 12.0 GB RAM
- WIndows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 670M / 3GB GDDR5

I'm at the end of my rope. I feel like I've tried everything short of simply buying a new computer. I have no idea what the issue is, so help from anyone more savy would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
yes they do die & as most graphic cards in laptops are part of motherboard therefore not removable, you try to get it fixed or get a new laptop.

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
i was actually referring to this...

There is a way to add a graphics card to a laptop, but it's not for gaming purposes. Strange as it might sound, you can plug one in to a USB port. Doing this gives you an extra graphics output so you can drive an external monitor as well as your laptop's built-in screen.

arielh

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
For what it is worth: I started getting this message "The 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M' device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged" immediately upon running Adobe Premiere Pro on my notebook, running Windows 7 Pro x64 and equipped with a 660M which Premiere is configured to always use. The computer would make a strange low frequency sound and would freeze, and all I could do was a hard reset. This apparently started happening after I recently updated the NVIDIA driver to version 368.39.

Luckily, I was able to download an older driver from the NVIDIA web site, dated from before I last successfully produced a video on this same computer. Driver version: 361.43. I simply ran the driver install, without first uninstalling anything. The driver install overwrote the newer driver without touching the other components of the NVIDIA install and without messing up my custom configuration. This has solved the issue for me.

G

I had exactly the same issue while running matrix calculations on Maple with the GTX 765M. I downloaded and installed an older driver version (364.72), which eliminated the issue. So I imagine there is a compatibility problem between Maple and the newest driver versoin (368.39).

Greg131111

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
To:
arielh
June 14, 2016 12:46:52 AM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Installing the older driver restored my ability to use Adobe Premiere. Appreciate you sharing.

ILavea

Commendable
May 8, 2016
I have this problem too. It came immediately after I updated the graphics card for about the first time in 6 months. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no go. Guess I'll try rolling back the driver. It's annoying cause it freezes my computer near on the dot once a day sometime between 1-4pm.

epixx112016

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
I too had a similar problem and found out that if I go to NVIDIA Control Panel, select Display>Add 'Run with graphics processor' to context menu, then when you right click on the Premiere icon in the start menu, you can select the default GPU. Premiere opens with no problems.

I have both Intel HD and NVIDIA card so I hope it works for you as well.

Flavius_1

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Hello guys,

I have an Asus Rog 552J laptop with a dual integrated GPU setup - Nvidia GTX 950M and Intel HD and a Win7 Pro X64 system.

The PROBLEM I encountered after installation was the error that said something like "Unable to eject 3D card" and then the Nvidia drivers and all the Nvidia control panels disapperead and even in the DEVICE MANAGER, the card looked uninstalled.

So, here is my sollution:

1. Download Nvidia driver version 361.82 x64. If you cannot find it, give me an email, I still got it;
2. Uninstall all Nvidia software from your system and them restart;
3. After restart, check in Device Manager that your 3D card need a driver install (usually that means that the previous Nvidia uninstall succeded);
4. Choose custom installation from the Nvidia menu and check only Graphic driver and Physyx;
5. Restart after completing the driver installation;
6. After (2nd) restart, go to Nvidia control panel and from the left side menu choose Manage 3D settings, then in the Global settings tab choose High Performance Nvidia processor and hit apply;
7. Click on the Manage Updates and uncheck all the updating options;
8. Also check that Physyx configuration is set to the Nvidia card;
9. That's it, now I can choose the GTX for Premiere rendering.

Hope it helps !

BFM

Status
Not open for further replies.