Question There is light in the computer and the fans are moving but nothing appears on the screen

jacob-vm

Commendable
Mar 28, 2018
I bought clevo p670sg gaming laptop with nvidea gtx 980m and intel i7 4710hq about 5 years ago.

It have had some troubles where there was light in the diodes and the fans would move but it took everthing between 1min and 2 days for it to turn on.
Two days ago i accidentally turned it off and when it was shutting down a message appeared saying something about bad memory and then it turned off. After this the computer have completely refused to turn on.

I did some reseach on this site and tried changing the cmos battery and the ram blocks with identically newbought components. The same thing happened the computer still wont turn on but the LED's have light in them and the fans are moving. Leaving me to think the motherboard is at fault.

Do anyone have any guesses to what the problem could be?
Do anyone know a cheaper motherboard I can buy to substitute my current one with?
It does not have to fit in the casing because i can always build one. My plan is to make it into a desktop pc

jacob-vm

Commendable
Mar 28, 2018
I only have 1 hard drive in the laptop. So I'm not sure what i would achieve by starting it up without it? Also the screen is black and the computer haven't even done it's start booting. So I'm not sure how im supposed to be able to enter the BIOS

For some reason if I only insert 1 ram block the computer just keeps turning itself off and on, but if i use 2 ram blocks it have the lights and fans on.
I've tried in different ram slots and with different rams.

Last edited:
maybe the hard drive is not being recognized anymore and by removing it, the laptop might post and get you into the BIOS.

The laptop only boots with 1 RAM if this RAM is placed into the correct slot. Did you try one stick in both slots?
And the other stick as well, maybe one RAM is faulty

jacob-vm

Commendable
Mar 28, 2018
maybe the hard drive is not being recognized anymore and by removing it, the laptop might post and get you into the BIOS.

The laptop only boots with 1 RAM if this RAM is placed into the correct slot. Did you try one stick in both slots?
And the other stick as well, maybe one RAM is faulty

I removed the SSD, nothing new happened except that all the "lock" LED's started to blink slowly in sync.

Yes i did try: I bought 2 new ram blocks and tried with 1 of them in each socket. The pc just start for a few sec then shut down and then start and then shut down. The screen is still black while this happens